Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT) started publishing the academic journal entitled BUBT Journal (ISSN: 2072-7542) from 2008 incorporating research articles of the faculty members of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering & Applied Sciences and Faculty of Social Sciences. The Journal is open for all contributors irrespective of their affiliation. The Call for Papers is made in August and the articles are received within a month. After the preliminary selections by the committee, articles are sent to the reviewers.
BUBT organizes Intensive Training Program on Advanced Research Methodology (ITPRM) which is three-month long advanced research methodology training for the faculty members of BUBT. Besides, workshops and seminars are arranged by the various departments of BUBT on a regular basis. A Newsletter is published on a half-yearly basis reflecting the activities of BUBT.
The students of EEE Department participated in different national and International Robotics Competition under the banner of BUBT and brought name and fame for BUBT by securing First, Second and Third positions in different events.
Besides, research contributions of EEE faculty members and students are frequently published in national and international journals and conference proceedings. For the detail of publications for individual faculty members, please visit the EEE, BUBT website: https://www.bubt.edu.bd/department/information/eee
Professor and Chairman
- M.A. Mahfuz, M. A. Hossain, E. Haque, N. H. Hai, Y. Namihira, and F. Ahmed “Dual-Core Photonic Crystal Fiber-Based Plasmonic RI Sensor in the Visible to Near-IR Operating Band”, pp.7692-7700, vol.20, no.14, IEEE Sensors Journal, March 2020.
- M.A. Mahfuz, M. A. Hossain, E. Haque, N. H. Hai, Y. Namihira, and F. Ahmed “A bimetallic coated low propagation loss photonic crystal fiber based plasmonic refractive index sensor” Sensors Journal, Section: Optical Sensors, Special Issue: Optical Fiber Biosensors, pp.3794, vol.19, no.17, September 2019. See more.
Dr. A.K.M Alamgir
- A K M Alamgir et al. “Analysis of Agent-based and Agent-less Sandboxing for Dynamic Malware Analysis”, International Conference on Cyber Security and Computer Science (ICONCS 2020) (Accepted.
- A K M Alamgir “A New Approach to Measure Transport Current AC Loss in Large Superconductors” Eastern University Journal, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh. See more
Dr. Shamsul Arefin
- Md. Shamsul Arefin, Nasser K. Awad, Chandra Prakash Rathore, Anupam Shukla, Yosry S. Morsi, Ventricular Assist Device and Its Necessity for Elderly Population, Optimizing Assistive Technologies for Aging Populations, Chapter 12, 2015
- Yos S. Morsi, Amal Ahmed Owida, Hung Do, Md. Shamsul Arefin, Xungai Wang, Graft–Artery Junctions: Design Optimization and CAD Development, Computer-Aided Tissue Engineering, Methods in Molecular Biology, Volume 868, 2012, pp 269-287. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-61779-764-4_16. See more
- M. Aktar, M. M. Rana, N. Sarker, and M. S. Hossain, “Comparative analysis on antenna balun and feeding techniques of step constant tapered slot antenna,” Journal of Sensor Technology (JST), in press, Jul. 2020.
- M. S. Hossain, and M. F. Rahman, “Hybrid solar PV/Biomass powered energy efficient remote cellular base stations,” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER), vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 329–342, Mar. 2020. See more.
- M.J.Ferdous, Z. Alam, R. K. Khan, S. M. Iqubal, A. Islam, M. A. Rahman and Aleya Begum, “Internal radiation monitoring of occupational staff in nuclear medicine facility”, Bangladesh Journal of Medical Physics, pp-63-69,Vol. 5, No.1, 2012 (Bangladesh).
- Abu Jahid, Zahangir Alam, “Performance Analysis of DWDM System Considering the Effects of Cascaded Optical Amplifiers with Optimum Receiver Gain”, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER)”, Volume-4, Issue-8, pp-01-08, 2015 (USA). See more.
Khondoker Ziaul Islam
- M. S. Hossain, A. Jahid, K. Z. Islam and M. F. Rahman, “Solar PV and Biomass Resources-Based Sustainable Energy Supply for Off-Grid Cellular Base Stations,” in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 53817-53840, 2020.
- Hossain, M.S.; Jahid, A.; Ziaul Islam, K.; Alsharif, M.H.; Rahman, M.F. “Multi-Objective Optimum Design of Hybrid Renewable Energy System for Sustainable Energy Supply to a Green Cellular Networks”. Sustainability 2020, 12, 3536. See more.
- Shahajan Miah, Md. Hafijur Rahaman, Sudipta Saha, Md. Abu Taher Khan, Md. Aminul Islam, Md. Nurul Islam, Md. Khurshed Alam and M. Habibul Ahsan, “Study of the Internal Structure of Electronic Components RAM DDR-2 and Motherboard of Nokia- 3120 by Using Neutron Radiography Technique”, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, (www.ijmer.com), Vol. 3, Issue. 6, Nov – Dec. 2013, pp-3429-3432, ISSN: 2249-6645.
- Md. Hafijur Rahaman, S.B.Faruque, Md. Abu Taher Khan, Shahajan Miah and Md. Aminul Islam” Comparison of General Relativity and Brans-Dicke Theory using Gravitomagnetic clock effect”, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, (www.ijmer.com), Vol. 3, Issue. 6, Nov – Dec. 2013, pp-3517-520, ISSN: 2249-6645. See more.
Md. Anwar Sadath
- Raonaqul Islam, ; Md. Anwar Sadath, Selim Habib, Sohel Rana, G.K. Hasanuzzaman , “A Novel Low Loss Diamond-Core Porous Fiber for Polarization Maintaining Terahertz Transmission”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 28(14), DOI: 10.1109/LPT.2016.2550205.
- Raonaqul Islam, ; Md. Anwar Sadath, Selim Habib, Sohel Rana, G.K. Hasanuzzaman, “Novel Porous Fiber Based on Dual-Asymmetry for Low-Loss Polarization Maintaining THz Wave Guidance, Optics Letters 41(3):440-443, DOI: 10.1364/OL.41.000440. See more.
- Nayan Sarker, Md. Aminul Islam, and M. Rubaiyat Hossain Mondal, “Two Novel Multiband Centimetre Wave Patch Antennasfor a Novel OFDM Based RFID System” vol. 13, no. 6, Journal of Communications (JCM), June 2018,.
- Avijit Hira, N.Sakib, Nayan Sarker, M. N. Mollah, B. Mohammed & M. A. Rashid “A Novel Approach to Signal Encryption: Improved Version of Conventional DSSS Scheme” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, October 2014. See more.
Md. Alamgir Kabir
- Akter, N.; Afrin S., Hossion M. A.; Kabir, M. A.; Akter S.; Mahmood, Z. H.; “Evaluation of Majority Charge Carrier and Impurity Concentration Using Hot Probe Method for Mono Crystalline Silicon (100) Wafer”, International Journal of Advances in Material Science and Engineering (IJAMSE), vol. 4, no. 4, 2015.
- Kabir, M. A.; Nandy, T.; Haque, M. A.; Dutta, A.; Mahmood, Z. H.; “Performance Analysis of CNTFET and MOSFET focusing Channel Length, Carrier Mobility and Ballistic Conduction in High Speed Switching”, International Journal of Advances in Material Science and Engineering (IJAMSE), vol. 3, no. 3/4, 2014. See more.
- Md. Biplob Hossain, Md Shafayet Hossain, S.M. Riazul Islam, Md. Namus Sakib, Khondoker Ziaul Islam, Md. Sanwar Hossain, A.S.M. Sanwar Hosen, Gi Hwan Cho “Numerical Development of High Performance Quasi D-Shape PCF-SPR Biosensor: An External Sensing Approach Employing Gold” Results in Physics (Submitted)
- Md. Biplob Hossain, Md. Alamgir Kabir, Md Shafayet Hossain, Khondoker Ziaul Islam, Md. Sanwar Hossain, M Ilius Pathan, Nibir Mondol, Md. Amzad Hossain, Md. Masud Rana “Numerical Modeling of MoS2-Graphene bi-layer Based High-Performance SPR Sensor: Structure Optimization for DNA Hybridization” Optical Engineering (Submitted). See more.
- Sheikh Ifatur Rahman, Sakib Faisal, Sarwar Ahmed, and Tanvir Islam Dhrubo “A Comparative Study on Different HTMs in Perovskite Solar Cell with ZnOS Electron Transport Layer” at IEEE Region 10 (Asia pacific) Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10HTC) 2017, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Sakib Faisal, Sheikh Ifatur Rahman, Sarwar Ahmed, and Tanvir Islam Dhrubo “Numerical analysis of MoTe2 thin film solar cell with Cu2Te BSF layer” at IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON)-2017, Malaysia. See more.
- Mohammad T. Kawser, Md. Nazrul Islam Siddique, Zunaed Kibria and Abdullah Al Noman, “Estimation of the Feasibility of Underlay Inband Device-To-Device Communication based on Radio Conditions in LTE”, International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (IJFGCN), ISSN: 2233-7857(Print); 2207-9645(Online), NADIA, (2019), Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 11-22.
- Mst. Dilshad Jahan1, Nayan Sarker2, Md. Mamunoor Rahman3, Abdullah Al Noman4 and Engr. Azharul Haque5, Student1, Lecturer2, 3, 4, Associate Professor and Head5, “Design and Analysis of a Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications” (BUBT Conference). See more.
Hasan Al – Shaikh
- “Electric Load Forecasting with Hourly Precision Using Long Short-Term Memory Networks” in the 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering.
- “Short-term Electric Load Forecasting for Power Systems Using Same Month approach based SARIMA” in the 2019 International Conference on Power, Electrical, Electronics and Industrial Applications. See more.
Sk. Hasibul Alam
- Sk. Hasibul Alam, S. S. Tahsin, I. Tarannum, T. Chowdhury and K. Sarony. A Cost-Effective Driver Drowsiness Recognition System. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Computer and Information Technology for Health, doi: 10.1109/becithcon48839.2019.9063173
- A. Anika, M. J. -A. -Hossain, Sk. Hasibul Alam and N. -A. -Masood. Fault Detection and Classification of Power System Busbar Using Artificial Neural Network. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Power, Electrical, and Electronics and Industrial Applications, doi: 10.1109/peeiacon48840.2019.9071944. See more.
- Chinmoy Das; Zayed Mohammad; Md. Mahtab Alam, “Optical Hydrogen Gas Sensor Based on Palladium Coated Microring Resonator, International Conference on Innovation in Engineering and Technology (ICIET) 27-29 December, 2018, IEEE Xplore, DOI: 10.1109/CIET.2018.8660794
- Mst. Dilshad Jahan; Chinmoy Das; Nayan Sarker, “Design & Analysis of a Micro-strip Patch Antenna for RFID, WiMAX and X-band Applications.”, International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology (ICASERT) 3-5 May, 2019, IEEE Xplore, DOI: 10.1109/ICASERT.2019.8934554. See more.
- Chinmoy Das, Zayed Mohammad, and Mahtab Alam “Optical Hydrogen Gas Sensor Based on Palladium Coated Microring Resonator” 2018 International Conference on Innovation in Engineering and Technology (ICIET), 27-28 Dec. 2018. DOI:10.1109/CIET.2018.8660794
- Zayed Mohammad, Nayan Sarkar, and Chinmoy Das “Design and Analysis of a Double Slotted with Multiple Strips Vivaldi Antenna for High Speed 5G Communications”. International Conference on Telecommunications and Photonics (ICTP), 28-30 Dec 2019. DOI:10.1109/ICTP48844.2019.9041733. See more.